PSY 1018 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Psychosexual Development, Reality Principle, 18 Months

54 views6 pages

Document Summary

Personality: what is it, freud: 3 major components. Pattern of enduring characteristics that produce consistency and individuality in a given person. Freud believed that the unconscious is the primary motivating force of human behavior. It is part of the personality that contains the memories, knowledge, beliefs, feelings, urges, drives, and instincts that which the person not aware. (not conscious of it) Id: the basic primitive part of the mind. It"s the raw unorganized inborn part of personality who"s sole purpose is to reduce tension created by primitive drives related to hunger, sex, aggression and irrational impulses. It is the most basic and primitive of the 3 components. They arose the id to an excitement and tension: the id operates on the pleasure principle, impulses relate in biological needs like hunger, i want what i want when i want it. Ego: the logical, conscious, rational, realistic of personality. The ego evolves from the id and draws it energy from the id.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers