BUSI 2301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Pragmatism, Social Skills, Bowling Ball

39 views7 pages
11 Dec 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

If life and the meaning thereof is the pillar of existence, then education is the cornerstone. Education profoundly affects human lives and influences the way we interact with one another. Education provides a foundation for children and adults to base their lives upon. Without a solid education, it becomes impossible for an individual to provide for themselves and their family. Also, well-educated people can make decisions that benefit both their own interests and the interests of society as a whole. In this paper, i will address my personal opinions and philosophy about education. First, i will address the nature of the student. Next, i will examine the nature of knowledge, followed by the purpose of public education, and method. Finally, my paper will conclude with a discussion of the curriculum areas that are most important in elementary school. Additionally, i will relate my views to pragmatism and progressivism, and to plato"s teaching three valuable theories regarding education.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers