CHE 131 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Electronegativity, Ionic Radius, Unified Atomic Mass Unit

85 views3 pages
Verified Note

Document Summary

Che 131 lecture 3: matter classification and atomic theory. If matter can be physically separated, it is a mixture but if not, it is a pure substance: pure substance only one type of object fixed ratios. What would you characterize this as: homogenous mixture. Separating mixtures: no chemical reactions are needed to isolate constituents in a mixture, only physical reactions i. e filtration, distillation (i. e. salt water is distilled to separate the water. Compounds and salt: the property of compounds are usually very different from its reactants, put elements together to make a mixture but through chemila reaction you can produce a compound i. e. hydrogen and oxygen to make water. It"s the average ato(cid:373)ic (cid:373)ass of the isotopes fou(cid:374)d i(cid:374) (cid:374)ature: for each isotope there is a different abundance of them, using this information we can find the average atomic mass. Periodic table: there are trends to the periodic table, force of attraction how many electrons are attracted to the nucleus.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers