PSY 103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex, Trobriand Islands, Amygdala

28 views11 pages

Document Summary

Mood and emotions: emotions: a reaction that is both physiological and psychological (feelings, cognitive processes, and behavioral reactions) Moods: longer lasting and less intense than emotions. Not always clear what the stimulus was: emotions: Crivelli et al. (2016): reading emotions from faces in indigenous societies. Data were collected in spain and in the trobriand islands (papua new guinea, south pacific). Participants viewed photos of facial expressions: today, i brought pictures of one child from my village. I want you to see these pictures and touch the picture of the x [happy, sad, anger, fear, or disgust] face only. Gendron et al. (2014): cultural relativity in perceiving emotion from vocalizations. Data were collected from people in boston and from members of the himba ethnic group from northwestern namibia. In u. s. culture power has an impact on who gets to express (genuine) emotions. Hecht & lafrance (1998): social control of smiling. Power discrepant interactions (interviewer; interviewee) vs. equal power interactions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers