PSY 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Tap Dance, Motor Cortex, Motor System

74 views2 pages

Document Summary

Comparison of the two dorsolateral motor pathways and the two ventromedial motor. Dorsolateral: feedback from sub-cortical motor areas to cortical regions largely go through which brain area ________ Thalamus: a neuron in my sensorimotor system fires shortly before i reach for my coffee cup. This neuron is most likely in brain region. Premotor cortex: secondary motor areas, premotor cortex. Involved in higher-level programming of movements: supplementary motor area (sma) Neurons are actually coding for target direction: primary motor cortex, properties, fire in relation to the target location end point of movement. Perhaps all but the highest levels of the sensorimotor system have patterns of activity programmed into them. Complex movements are produced by activating appropriate sequence of programs. Cerebellum and basal ganglia serve to coordinate the various programs. Sensory information that controls central sensorimotor programs is not necessarily conscious: there is evidence that patients can respond to visual stimuli of which they have no conscious awareness, blindsight .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers