Psychology
Course
PSY 349
Professor
Marci Lobel
Semester
Spring

Description
Guest Speaker: Women’s Oral Health Beliefs About Health that Influence Behavior Sunscreen can prevent skin cancer Fluoride can prevent cavities An apple a day keeps the doctor away Oral Health Beliefs: Health Belief #1: I have “soft teeth” Health Belief #2: I will lose my teeth at a young age Health Belief #3: There is nothing I can do about it All of these beliefs affected oral health behaviors Oral Health Info Caries (cavities) Bad bacteria Absence of saliva Poor dietary habits The most common childhood illness Protective factors: Saliva and sealants Antimicrobials Fluoride Effective Diet Periodontal Disease (gums) Caused by different bacteria within the plaque Triggers an inflammatory response Both result from plaque When we eat, our mouth becomes acidic and demineralizes; saliva reintroduces those minerals Hygiene Recommendations Brush after every meal or brush twice a day and chew sugarless gum PM brushing is important Floss at least onc
More Less

Related notes for PSY 349

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit