HST 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Reall, Whiskey Rebellion, American Diplomacy

19 views3 pages
20 Oct 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

U(cid:374)ited states" i(cid:374)terests i(cid:374)tert(cid:449)i(cid:374)ed (cid:449)ith fre(cid:374)(cid:272)h i(cid:374)terests: political ideology fra(cid:374)(cid:272)e follo(cid:449)i(cid:374)g a(cid:373)eri(cid:272)a"s e(cid:454)a(cid:373)ple to re(cid:448)olutio(cid:374, economics trade relations, diplomacy relations with britain. You have two friends but they hate each other: domestic politics political factions. Monarchical government which was heavily in debt and administratively inept at running the nation. Moderate, constitutional reform was overshadowed by a demand for social reform - Social and political revolution: eliminate privileges of the aristocracy, expand participation in gov and civic affairs, eliminate privileges and authority of catholic church. January 1793 louis xvi beheaded for his crimes against the nation. Revolutionaries attacked the aristocracy, the catholic church, and the monarchy. Austria, prussia, england came to aid of french monarchy. American merchants wanted to profit from both sides: shipped products to britain and france. Both france and england seized american ships, confiscated cargo. Britain forced american sailors to work on british ships (impressment: ship registries (historians), tattoos recorded by gov prove their not british.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers