MAT 122 (54)
Diaz (54)
Lecture 29

MAT 122 Lecture 29: Absorbing Markov Chains

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Syracuse University
MAT 122

Pnoperties of Absovoi I. ND hatter where yuv start end In an anse state. of the hansiinn matrix get cleer sume fixed matvix. 3. The long term trend depends on the Inihal state et P be the transit m matix for an absorbing ualLON Chain Reorder LL. the states so that all absorbiny states Conte fit. Matix P will han like tin ln tme of sine m nhere ma number absbiblns states. 0 15 all Define the fundamental matrix P: an R) hhure n is the s t Q. Q will always be a Square The element In YDN i column y at F gives the expected number of vrits of sume th tim In i to) before it get absu bed. FR the pubaulties that Sumetn In State aksu bod i State Exert humbr as P (a) H Sometning stort, un 1 on average hor many trmer dues tt Poss betsye being abso ood? Cbl someth on avevage now ma 213 abs nted into 2? (d) lf something starty H nhat 21 TR Cal Start In vl number th time thitugn betve abarved (b) start in l number steps betre (c) Start in pmbaki litt trd in 3 d) Start in 1. what is most likly stat to get avsowed into
More Less

Related notes for MAT 122

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.