PSY 274 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Taxpayer Identification Number, Realistic Conflict Theory, Ingroups And Outgroups

36 views2 pages

Document Summary

Care about the meaning of the group. Prejudice: is prejudge based on a known category membership. Prejudge them based on their category or group. Like you are a business major you think of all the business man/woman stereotypes. Categorization (identify as a particular group activates stereotypes judge those stereotypes (prejudice) discrimination (behavior that is because of the emotion) Women are considered to be warmer than men which is positive. Backlash from other groups (can still lead to prejudice) Struggling in my math class i might feel like i am at a disadvantage. Categorization: leads to ingroup vs outgroup distinctions because every asian is good at math. Ex: last digit of your tax identification number. Not a group until you were put into one there is no meaning to the formation of the group just random. Members of the outgroup seem like each other (saying they all look the same )

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers