PSY 274 Lecture Notes - Lecture 26: Origami, Fundamental Attribution Error, Confirmation Bias

50 views2 pages

Document Summary

Confirmation bias: test the stuff that you want to hear by giving examples of what you want to hear. Causal attribution: we want to know the cause of certain situations that we are put into. Putting cause to what is happening in the video like what the story is with the triangles and balls. It tells us what emotional reaction to have and has profound consequences. Effects downstream behavior like if someone bumps me i make an attribution like it"s crowded or they are provoking me changes how you react to the person by apologizing or react. Idea that behavior should be attributed to potential causes that co-occur with the behavior. All the possible causes that the behavior could have happened (all the reasons) Three types of info that is needed to make a correct causal attribution. What an individual does in a given situation on different occasions. Same situation happens, you do the same thing= consistency.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers