History
Course
HIST 105
Professor
Brian Rouleau
Semester
Spring

Description
February 6, 2014 The Long Peace and a Great War I. Caffeine and Crockery II. The Seven Years' War ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I. Caffeine and Crockery • Navigation Acts (beginning in the 1650s) o Attempt to establish the principle that ALL trade needs to take place between English people, on English ships, operated by an English crew • Board of Trade • Mercantilism o (The opposite of Free Trade) o Mercantilism thought that free trade was evil • Anglicization: the self-conscious attempt by settlers in British North America to model their lives after British fashions in clothing, goods, foods, and architecture. • The importance of tea and the tea-drinking ritual as a shared cultural practice within the wider British Empire • British North America was a place where ordinary people could have a prosperous life...? • Benjamin Franklin, author of "Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind," (1751). • King William and Queen Mary, installed by Parliament on the English throne during the Glorious Revolution of 1688 as guarantors of the newly drafted English Bill of Rights (Monarchy redefined as proctor of what are coming to be known as "British Liberties": the fundamental right to Life, Liberty, and Property) • British Liberties o The government doesn't exist but only to preserve the British Liberties II. The Seven Years' War • The Long Peace o Diplomatic strategy by the Indians, attem
More Less

Related notes for HIST 105

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit