LIT 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Circular Migration, Manual Labour, Heterosexism

30 views2 pages
25 Sep 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Observations: cinematic imagery, a very visual book, peephole moment, like watching tv, collection of secret shared moments, relationship with father. "how quickly i slip from one world to another, i think on the bus as it circles around the station en route to highway 10. In riverside i"m a college sophomore majoring in the humanities and no one knows i"m involved with an older man who makes love to me fiercely as he angers me. Page 8: heteronormativity in the novel, heterosexism, assumptions made in the first chapter. Lack of affection, individual attention: way of being direct and confrontational, the dialogue in the book was spoken in spanish oftentimes, and translated through his memories. In english the word doesn"t have a derogatory connotation: a derogatory term might mask all the other related meanings with the weight of its implications. "butterfly" is a neutral term, while "mariposa" is strictly feminine.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers