COM 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Strategic Thinking, Argument From Analogy, Straw Man

8 views3 pages

Document Summary

Example: all employees are encouraged to participate in after-hours company recreation programs bc such programs are especially for the use of employees after the workday has ended. Example: democrats can"t win the election because of their stand on animal rights. Example: johnson owns two homes, a boat, and a sports care, so i trust his investment. Causation and correlation (post hoc ergo propter hoc) Example: we switched to leased cars instead of company-owned cars in 1996. No wonder we have so many auto repair bills each month! Example: this company"s problems can be blamed on poor benefits. From time to time, i manage projects, so i must also get a raise. Example: undersea mining operations are dangerous, expensive, time-consuming, and unreliable. We should not consider undersea mining in deciding how and where to mine for gold. Do not shy away from bad news. The proposal writer should still consider resistance.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers