BEP 305 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Social Cognitive Theory, Motivation, Behaviorism

43 views5 pages

Document Summary

45 minutes to an hour (getting there, meeting the student, etc. ) I will be mentoring _______ in your class. I will be coming on (day of the week) at (time of the day), where would you like for me to meet said student? (or, where will he/she be at this time? ) Make sure you have your group members" phone number. Group 1: principles of learning and teaching. Knowledge of factors and situations that promote or diminish intrinsic motivation. Directs, and sustains behavior (ormrod, 2011, p. 184) People are generally purpose-oriented beings who want to survive and thrive. Learning is more likely to occur when students are motivated. Dispel the misconception that some students are unmotivated. Attribution theory/locus of control (heider, weiner, graham) Humans have three basic needs (written in no specific order): Stresses the means by which people get their basic needs met. Remember: escape and avoidance behaviors are responses to when these needs are not being met.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers