BIO 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Cyanobacteria, Electrochemical Gradient, P680

34 views5 pages

Document Summary

3-31-17: energy from light is converted to chemical energy (sugars, requires co2 and h20, released o2 as a byproduct, rough summary of all of photosynthesis: d. i. Photosynthesis happens in chloroplasts: chloroplast anatomy a. i. Stroma interior of chloroplast (cytoplasm of original cyanobacterium) a. iv. Thylakoids are internal structures that formed as a result of enfolding of the membrane a. iv. 1. a. A lot of photosynthesis takes place on the thylakoid membrane a. v. Proteins involved in photosynthesis are mostly in the thylakoid membrane and stroma. Light-dependent reactions: the light-dependent reactions have two major goals: production of atp and nadph for use in calvin cycle a. i. Nadph is very similar to nadh, it just has a phosphate that nadh does not have a. ii. However they cannot be used interchangeably: converting energy from sunlight to chemical energy in the form of nadph and atp c. Chlorophylls and other pigments that absorb energy from light and transmit the energy to reaction centers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers