PSY 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Frontal Lobe, Naturalistic Observation, Cognitive Psychology

38 views4 pages

Document Summary

Developmental psychology the study of how people change across a lifespan: changes through life, there are three types of development b. i. Physical growth early in life relies on the growth in the brain b. i. 1. a. What you know about the world and how you can think changes with brain development b. iii. Jean piaget (1896-1980: swiss scientist, originally a biologist, performed experiments in the 1920s and 1930s centered on development, taught kids d. i. Noticed these kids had a similar pattern of getting things wrong d. iii. As a result, he started observing kids d. iii. 1. Piaget found that what we think of as intelligence requires three separate abilities: the ability to represent objects a. i. Example to be able to think of a car: the ability to think logically about how objects interact with one another. Example think about what would happen if a car hit a tree: the ability to think about abstract things/concepts c. i. Abstract concepts include justice, morals, math, etc. c. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers