BUS 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Google Flu Trends, Petabyte, Unstructured Data

15 views4 pages

Document Summary

10/7/15: big data: (moneyball, collection of data sets that are so large and complex that they become awkward to. Big data work with using traditional database management tools a. i. Denver traffic map: combination of structured and unstructured data b. i. Structured: usually stored in database, small amounts fit in spreadsheet, it is understood what should be stored where, thing a few words or numbers in each storage location b. ii. Unstructured: naturally gathered, unpredictable as to what is stored where, think text, video, audio, measurement units: c. i. Volume: how much is there, google- up to 10 exabyte. Exabyte: large unit of computer storage, 2 to the 16th power bytes, exa= one billion billion, ancestry. com- 30 petabytes as of feb 2015, facebook- petabyte, local froyo shop- terabyte d. ii. Variety: are there different kinds of data that all need analyzed together, text, pictures, video, numbers, tweets, reviews, maps d. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers