BUS 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Competitive Intelligence, Lewis Hamilton, Smartphone

19 views6 pages

Document Summary

Porter"s five forces model: external environment of business, forces, groups, and institutions outside the organization, potentially affect the company"s performance, mostly beyond the control of the business, types that can impact firm: d. i. Unemployment levels, gdp growth, inflation rates, d. i. 2. interest rates. Make up forces in the porter"s five forces model of industry analysis d. ii. 1. d. ii. 2. d. ii. 3. d. ii. 4. d. ii. 5. A business has some degree of reciprocal influence on these factors d. iii. 1. Must have funds to pay for product/service d. iii. 3. No seed money to grow businesses without these funds d. iii. 4. Businesses can"t perform well without these workers d. iii. 5. Raw material and components: environment scanning, continuously collect data about the external environmental forces and assess their impact of the company, why? b. i. Have an eye on the external environment b. ii. Assess the impact of any environmental changes on the organization b. iii. Identifies any present opportunities and threats (challenges) as well as forecasts future opportunities and threats b. v.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers