EDHD 411 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Mental Model, Attachment Theory, Ethology

58 views4 pages

Document Summary

Painting- there is a specific link between child and primary care giver. Human beings are fundamentally social creatures: worst possible punishment is isolation because it is psychologically horrible to cut off all social interactions, development is socially. Infants being to show preferential behaviors toward the primary caregiver (smiling, approaching: smiling a particulate early signal (around 6 weeks) They also seem more distressed when separated from the care giver- and you can see this between 7 and 9 months. Development of expectations: when babies are crying and what comforts them, a lot of (cid:272)r(cid:455)i(cid:374)g, a(cid:374)d (cid:449)hat (cid:449)orks for effe(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e(cid:374)ess of (cid:373)other"s response. Why do infants form an attachment with the primary caregiver. Stro(cid:374)gl(cid:455) i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)ed (cid:271)(cid:455) freud"s idea that i(cid:374)fa(cid:374)ts" earl(cid:455) relatio(cid:374)ships (cid:449)ith their (cid:373)others shape development. But emphasized the idea of the primary caregiver as a secure base. Strongly influenced by ethological theory, and specifically by imprinting.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers