KNES 287 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Urban Renewal, Starbucks, Informal Social Control

83 views8 pages

Document Summary

The naysayers certaind had their day untile the race started anytime you do something big you take a risk I had the opportunity to let baltimore shine. - amyor rawlings. Trickle dwon grand prix racing: cost to city is 7. 7 million dollars- roadwork, police, clean up. Projected returns- 70-100 million in tax revenue, extra jobs, related spending. Actual returns: city did not recover capital cost investment. Once supportive, the economic failure of the bgp prompted baltimore city council president, jack young, to call for it to be dropped: i initially supported the grand prix because. I thought it would be worthwhile and because from time to time cities need to explore fresh ideas to generate revenue and attract visitors. But to continue to pursue the race, which has incurred a large amount debt, is not the best option at a time when so many other important programs and services lack much-needed support .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers