PSYC 361 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Job Performance, Hawthorne Effect, Telecommuting

46 views5 pages

Document Summary

Define i/o psychology: the application of psychological principles, theory, and research to the workplace. Technical, concrete topics concerned with how to acquire, improve, and maximize worker outputs in order to increase job performance. )relational softer topics concerned with how workers feel, react to, and think about work. b. ) How jobs can be structured to improve individuals" experiences and quality of life. List some example i and example o topics: I and o psychology today recognizes that: these two areas often overlap and influence one another. I/o psychologists are trained according to the: scientist/practitioner model. The professional organization for i/o psychologists: society for industrial and organizational psychology (siop) Define competencies: skills, behaviors, and capabilities that allow employees to perform specific functions. Most don"t master all these competencies, but will have a basic background and exposure to these domains. World war i through 1920s: rise of industrial psychology. 1930"s to pre-world war ii: rise of organizational psychology.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers