HIST 2003 Lecture 10: Simulation Paper

29 views2 pages
Kelsie Peschel
D. Schieffler
HIST 2003
2 November 2017
The debate for the Indian Removal has been an ongoing discussion for the last couple
years now. Many of you know me as John Smith, a member of the United States Senate. I have
always been for the Removal Act. We are only thinking in their best interest. Not all Indians are
bad people, which is why we are trying to save them from annihilation by moving them out west
towards the Mississippi River.
There are positive effects to this removal. For one, our own President, Andrew Jackson, is
on board with this. With the act of removing the Indians out west it will help the United States
expand its land territory claiming it as our own. We are supposed to be an independent and free
country and having the land all to ourselves will help us achieve that even further. The removal
of the Indians can benefit from both our side and theirs. Following the Removal Act, the Indians
need to adopt the “white culture.” They will start keeping livestock instead of hunting like they
previously had been doing. They will grow new types of crops, like the booming of cotton, and
will be woven into yard and cloth. If they adopt these characteristics that we have, they will be
expanding our own ideas of white culture throughout the west by the Mississippi River since that
land is not entirely occupied. They are helping us achieve the sense of freedom that we have
been chasing after. We need to remove them from the white settlements who are a threat to their
existence in order to help us.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The debate for the indian removal has been an ongoing discussion for the last couple years now. Many of you know me as john smith, a member of the united states senate. I have always been for the removal act. We are only thinking in their best interest. Not all indians are bad people, which is why we are trying to save them from annihilation by moving them out west towards the mississippi river. For one, our own president, andrew jackson, is on board with this. With the act of removing the indians out west it will help the united states expand its land territory claiming it as our own. We are supposed to be an independent and free country and having the land all to ourselves will help us achieve that even further. The removal of the indians can benefit from both our side and theirs.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers