J 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Semicolon, Microsoft Powerpoint, Compound Modifier

86 views4 pages

Document Summary

J101 lecture 9 review, hyphens, and confusing words. Announcements: check canvas for new syllabus w/ schedule, powerpoint slides under modules , 2 ges (graduate employee) will help with contact hours. If professor curtin doesn"t respond in 24 hours, message her again. Resources: theoatmeal. com online guides to grammar. Jessica, and emma: colons can be used to warn something. They also must answer full sentence that comes before the colon: ex: my two hobbies include: fishing and hiking, correction: i have two hobbies: fishing and hiking. Confusing words: advice/advise, advise (v, advice (n) ex: i advise you not ex: i need some advice, affect/effect, affect (v) (usually) ex: as a child, he was affected by his parents, effect (n) (usually) ex: global warming effects . *tip: substitute the word effect with results if it sounds right or if it works, you are using the correct choice of word: compliment/complement.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers