PSY 264 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Reward System, Job Performance

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

Individual performance is the foundation of organizational performance. Understanding individual behavior is therefore critical for effective management, as illustrated in the fol- lowing account: Ted has been a field representative for a major drug manufacturer since he graduated from college seven years ago. He makes daily calls on physicians, hospital, clinics, and pharmacies. Ted"s sales of his firm"s major drugs have increased, and he has won three national sales awards given by the organization. Yesterday, ted was promoted to sales manager for a seven-state region. He"ll no longer be selling but instead will be managing 15 other representatives. Ted accepted the promotion because he believes he knows how to motivate and lead salespeople. He comments, i know the personality of the salesperson. I know their values and attitudes and what it takes to motivate them. I know i can motivate a sales force. In his job, ted will be trying to maximize the individual performances of 15 sales representatives.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers