CHID 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Young Life, Disability Studies, Asperger Syndrome

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

Title: passing as sane: or how to get people to sit next to you on the bus. Summary: this piece covers the topic of passing in the world of disability. From my previous understanding i almost considered a passing individual as someone with a better control or hold on their disability or mental illness. That said, this piece opens discussing cox"s own relationship with disability in regards to taking public transportation. This piece was easy to read and the anecdotal pieces made it story like and easily digested. Title: look me in the eye my life with asperger"s. He goes into vivid detail providing anecdotal evidence discussing hoe mischief making became a defining characteristic of his young life and how it manifested in his family life and schooling. While robison previously describes his learned experience with the concept of empathy this chapter highlighted the ways in which this notion may have still been missing from robison"s understanding as an adolescent.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers