ARE 112 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Organizational Culture, Bounded Rationality, Cash Cow

21 views7 pages

Document Summary

Everything is open for change, block of ice into fluid: changes, refreezing: change is stabilized i. All the problems for change start to pop up: method of change management: crossover, very quick change, change strategies. Developing support thru personal values, beliefs, and commitments. White collar jobs independent contractors who are not technically employed. Ex: lawyer: nonexempt: subject to overtime wages i. Can be automated: unstructured/unprogrammed decisions, harder to make, more complicated, not driven by a simple set of rules. Cannot be automated: know at least 4 of the characteristics of the decision environment, bounded rationality, risk, uncertainty d. Information costs g: decision support system-dss, structured for decisions, automates many repeatable decisions, related to structured decisions, 4 tasks of management, planning i. Identifying and selecting appropriate goals and courses of action: organizing i. structuring working relationships to achieve organizational goals, leading i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers