PSC 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Deep Brain Stimulation, Antipsychotic, Observational Learning

41 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Psychotherapy: any psychological intervention meant to help resolve emotional, behavioral, or interpersonal problems to improve quality of life. Insight therapies - cultivate and expand self-awareness and self-knowledge: psychoanalysis (freud) - decrease guilt and frustrations and to bring aspects of the unconscious to conscious awareness. Humanistic approach emphasize development of human potential and positive human nature. Behavioral and learning approaches: general principles of learning (e. g. , reinforcement) are applied to the learning of maladaptive as well as adaptive behaviors. Uses counterconditioning by repeatedly pairing an incompatible relaxation response with anxiety. Incorporates focus on cognition with behavior in understanding and altering causes of distress: goal: to change irrational thoughts and maladaptive behaviors, rational emotive behavior therapy rebt. A: activating event: someone frowned at me. B: beliefs about event: they don"t like me. D: dispute irrational beliefs: they didn"t see me or the sun was in their eyes. E: more effective beliefs: drug therapies.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers