PUBHLTH 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 38: Population Reference Bureau, Sexually Transmitted Infection, Neural Tube Defect
Course CodePUBHLTH 2
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Public Health 2
○ Measles is one of the most contagious infections known to humans. Despite the
existence of a safe and effective vaccine, measles is still an issue in countries
around the world
○ Preventing HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted infections in Thailand involves
the help of only nurses, doctors and health professionals.
○ In the United States, young gay white men are most likely to be infected with
H.I.V. and the least likely to be tested for it.
○ Latin Americans experienced cases of paralysis and death due to polio.
○ Contraceptive use is the highest amongst well educated women, those living in
urban areas, and in high income areas.
○ Water fluoridation is effective only if the water supply system is regulated and the
majority of inhabitants have access to water system.
○ Trachoma is dangerous because it can cause an unpreventable blindness.
○ River Blindness is causes by a worm that enters through the infection of a
○ The government of chile unsuccessfully implemented the cost saving fortification
of wheat flour with folic acid to prevent neural tube defects.
○ Chinese citizens have a predicament of overconsumption of iodized salt.
Complete the following
● According to the Population Reference Bureau video, family planning leads to economic
security by which of the following:
○ All of the above
■ Larger income
■ Accumulation of wealth
■ Better education
● The “Kissing Bug Disease” is a deadly infection that afflicts rural communities in which
area of the world?
○ Latin America
● Which two major causes of death are continually growing worldwide?
○ Tobacco and Aids
● Which of the following contribute to maternal mortality in Sri Lanka:
○ All of the above
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version