BIOL 171 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Acoustic Enhancement, Kidney Stone Disease, Hydronephrosis

16 views9 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Classifications of a simple cyst: lateral walls, anechoic, posterior acoustic enhancement, no echoes, round/ovoid structure (if they do not fall under these classifications, they can be considered malignant or problematic!) *refer to this diagram in the book page 393! Rcc = renal cell carcinoma can indicate: child wilms" tumor, adults rcc, cannot confirm until biopsy. 3 areas that can indicate renal failure: before the blood enters the kidney (i. e. infection, problems in the kidney (i. e. mass, when the blood is leaving the kidney (i. e. in the vein, that is compressed, obstructed, or blocked) Notes from the powerpoint: mass, malignant, cystic or solid. Stone: calyces, pelvis, ureter, urinary bladder. Adults: can be indicated as wilms" tumor in small children (up until 5 years of age!, can be indicated rcc in adults, acquired: something that occurs because of another condition. Complex cyst: doppler can indicate good or bad blood flow, but, finally diagnosis is indicated by biopsy!

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers