COM 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Interpersonal Communication, Jargon, National Communication Association

33 views6 pages

Document Summary

Logos- listen to my message because it makes sense . Presenting a series of arguments supported by evidence can conclude in logical conclusions. Increase logical appeals are to be organized, and have the evidence be clearly presented. If a message does not make logical sense then an audience will not be moved by it. Pathos- listen to my message because of the feelings it evokes . The absence of either logos or pathos is a concern. Accepting it feels like the right thing to do and rejecting it feels like the wrong. Specific examples and stories allow for an emotional impact. Informational and technical topics should not employ pathos. Ethos- listen to my message because i am a competent, trustworthy, and well- Ethos is define as receiver"s perception of a sender"s competence, trustworthiness, and goodwill. As a message sender it is important how the people who receive your message think that you are credible you actually are.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers