CLASSIC 20 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Curule Seat, Fasces, 18 Months

30 views5 pages
21 Aug 2016
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Origins of political institutions attributed to the period of monarchy in rome: romulus a. i. Our 3 branches of government were heavily inspired by the government of. Deliberative body that gave advise and consent to. Acts as jury for impeachment of presidents a. ii. Romans had distinction between senate and popular assembly: spqr = senate and the people of rome. Roman senate: senatus = old man a. i. Important between our and their system: advisory committee to king f. i. Interregnum period aka time between two kings g. i. Implicated through the death of romulus h: advice later held force of law and assemblies approved recommendations i. i. De facto chief legislative body: duties: foreign affairs, voted on tributes, foreign payments, expenditure of revenues, later heard most important trials (treason, assembly of the centuries: comitia centuriata k. i. Has its origins in rule of servius tullius (6th king of rome) k. ii. Centuries represented original divisions of the roman army k. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers