How Do You Live Your Life?
• What do you enjoy?
• What do you not enjoy?
• What gives you joy in your life?
• What things do you do to stay healthy – physically, mentally and spiritually?
Know What You Want Yourself
• How I use my time now
o Rushing through the morning
o Skipping breakfast
o Eating out at lunch
o No energy for housework
o Falling asleep too early
• How I want to use my time
o Make time for breakfast and more nutritious lunch
o Enjoy evening with family
Top 1-2-3 Spending Your Time
• Spend a few minutes thinking about the “Top 3” things that are most important.
• Write them down – and think about why these things are important to you.
• Post this list in a place where you can see it.
• Understand the options available at work that impact salary, benefits, vacation, career
• Full-time options
o Flextime, telecommuting, compressed workweek
• Less-than-full-time options
o Job sharing, phased in return to work (maternity leave, regular part-time work
Family Supportive Workplace Policies
• Compressed work week (4 day/10-hour week)
• Part-time work schedule
• Job sharing
• Tuition reimbursement
• Outside services (child and elderly care)
• On-site seminars (financial planning, stress prevention)
• Mentoring program
• Wellness programs
• Flexible hours
• Achievement awards (bonuses) • Dry cleaning, food shops, low-cost cafeterias, after-school care, child care centers
• Drop-in centers (satellite centers in suburbs)
• On-site educational services
Putting First Things First
• Steps I can take to make these happen:
o Lay out clothing the night before
o Making full recipes of breakfast foods to be frozen and heated up in the
o Listen to the iPod rather than watch TV
• I would spend more time doing:
• Getting things organized in the morning
• I would spend less time doing:
• Lying in