PSY 3010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Occupational Therapist, Analytical Skill, Critical Thinking

34 views3 pages
19 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Everyone who teaches literature, or any other humanities course like music, art, theater and so on, gets this question often. Why, oh why must i take theater appreciation if i"m going into early childhood. This assumes that every class you take should be directly related to your career choice, and that is not a philosophy i share. I believe that a good solid general ed/humanities background can take you a long way no matter what you are planning to do, and here"s why. Here"s what we can take away from reading and thinking about literature. Critical thinking skill/problem solving: we have to use your analytical skill to understand the meaning of a piece of literature. It requires thinking deeply, and maybe in ways we aren"t used to. It requires asking why and how. a person trained in the study of literature will be better equipped than most to read, comprehend, and analyze other kinds of texts (newspapers, reports, briefs, etc. ).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers