THEA 1100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Stage Fright

30 views2 pages
8 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Oral interpretation- art of communication to audience in intellectual, emotional, and aesthetic works. Can be nonfiction/fiction prose, poetry, or dramatic scripts/writings: starting the interpretation process a. i. Writer orders ideas, words, sounds, and rhythms into prose, poetry, or script a. ii. Writer bring own personal experiences and feelings and communicates to audience those thoughts/emotions: desired result- communicating shared experiences, both writer, and interpreter, three touchstones of good literature c. i. Universal- something to say for all people for all time c. ii. Individuality- unique and creative approach to universal subject c. iii. Suggestion- leaves room for reader/audience to inhabit the work, uses own background for enrichment: analyze both content and structure, content- what is being said a. i. Intellectual or logical- understanding meanings of piece a. ii. Emotive- capacity of words/groups to create emotion/feelings a. ii. 1. Pain, pleasure, laughter, sadness: structure- organization of the text b. i. Prose structure- patterns of phrases and individual sentences b. ii. Poetry structure- all patterns, sounds, stanzas, etc. b. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers