DIET 4360 Lecture 13: 13

27 views1 pages
30 Sep 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
Test tray data submitted in a separate attachment. The process was to order a tray in
the diet office using a fake name and a fake diet condition, following the guidelines for that diet.
I was a patient on a 3g sodium restriction. I ordered food associated with this condition and was
then sent to an empty patient room to wait for my tray to be delivered. I timed how long it took
to be delivered and took the temperature of every item on my tray. The temperatures are on
the attached sheet. Overall, my tray received an 83% following the test tray evaluation sheet.
Below 90% is considered unsatisfactory, which my tray was. The main issues were that it took
thirty additional minutes to be delivered and the temperatures of almost every item were in the
danger zone by the time it reached me. See sheet.
The Patient Care Embassador goes to the patient rooms to gather feedback on the
patient’s satisfaction. She asks a number of questions and records the answers as data to be
used for QI. If the patient has been discharged before she can reach them, a paper survey is
mailed to the patient. We discussed the results of a sample conversation with the PCE. She
walked us through each question she would typically ask a patient and showed us an example
patient’s responses. The patient we were shown was overall satisfied with the food service of
UCHC, their only complaint being that their food took longer than forty-five minutes to arrive.
There is no specific QI in place, but the PCE does report the results to the Operations Manager
who uses them to make changes. There is currently changes being made to get the trays to
reach patients in a more timely manner.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Test tray data submitted in a separate attachment. The process was to order a tray in the diet office using a fake name and a fake diet condition, following the guidelines for that diet. I was a patient on a 3g sodium restriction. I ordered food associated with this condition and was then sent to an empty patient room to wait for my tray to be delivered. I timed how long it took to be delivered and took the temperature of every item on my tray. Overall, my tray received an 83% following the test tray evaluation sheet. Below 90% is considered unsatisfactory, which my tray was. The main issues were that it took thirty additional minutes to be delivered and the temperatures of almost every item were in the danger zone by the time it reached me. The patient care embassador goes to the patient rooms to gather feedback on the patie(cid:374)t"s satisfa(cid:272)tio(cid:374).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers