NURS 3554 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Nonverbal Communication, Therapeutic Relationship, Active Listening

54 views2 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Insult and judgment: clear or conflicting messages, honest or distorted feelings, factors that affect communication: personal factors; environmental factors; relationship factors. Therapeutic use of self: offering self, make self available and showing interest and concern. I will walk with you : active listening, paying close attention to what the patient is saying by observing both verbal and non-verbal cues, maintaining eye contact and making verbal remarks to clarify and encourage further communication, exploring. Tell me more about your son : giving broad openings. What do you want to talk about today? : offering general leads, making observations, voice doubt, encourage comparison, provide information and education, summarizing, encourage formulation of a plan. In other words, you seem to be saying. : restating, you think he no longer wants to see you, reflecting, you feel angry when this happens, exploring, tell me more about that experience, seeking clarification. I am not sure i follow what you are telling me.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers