MMW 15 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Realpolitik, John Maynard Keynes, Zimmermann Telegram

54 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ideal vs. pragmatic agenda b. i) wilson"s proclamation to make the world safe for democracy b. ii) Justification for u. s. decision to enter the war (b. ii. 1. a) War over moral principles vs. self-interest? (b. ii. 1. a. i) announcing intention to come out of isolationism (b. ii. 1. a. ii) ww1 as war to end all wars (b. ii. 2) Violations of rights made the life of our own people impossible (b. ii. 2. a) Zimmerman telegram (b. ii. 2. a. i) german spy or official telegram that was sent to his counterpart in mexico that in exchange for supporting war effort, germany would help mexico recover lost territories to u. s b. ii. 2. a. i. 1. U. s. gov officials used this as a way to win over isolationists (b. ii. 2. b) Assurance of the freedom of the seas (articles ii and iii) (b. ii. 2. b. i) 1915 sinking of the lusitania b. ii. 2. b. i. 1. Via german u-boat (b. ii. 2. b. ii) germans sunk american merchant ships traveling to and from the allies b. ii. 2. b. ii. 1. Germans saw this as countermeasure to british boycott of. Balkin sea (blocking entrance of supplies to germany) (b. ii. 3)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers