EEX 3093 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Chief Operating Officer, Reachout Healthcare America, Anger Management

34 views3 pages

Document Summary

Previously classified as 5 separate disorders: autisti(cid:272), asperger, childhood disi(cid:374)tegrative, rett"s, pervasive develop(cid:373)e(cid:374)tal disorder. Continuum of symptoms from low to high severity. What is asd: neurodevelopment disorder, two domains. Excess of repetitive, restricted behaviors: symptoms cause significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning, social communication and interaction skills delayed. Responding appropriately: repetitive and restrictive behaviors. Motor movement, use of objects, or speech is repeated. Possible other conditions of those with ad: sensory and sleep problems. No si(cid:374)gle (cid:272)ause (cid:271)ut ge(cid:374)erall(cid:455) (cid:271)elieve that a(cid:271)(cid:374)or(cid:373)alities i(cid:374) the (cid:271)rai(cid:374)"s shape a(cid:374)d fu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374)i(cid:374)g. Hundreds of identified genes and gene combinations/mutations. Studies have shown no link between vaccines given to children and autism. A d is not (cid:272)aused (cid:271)(cid:455) (cid:862)refrigerator(cid:863) pare(cid:374)ts. Not every child with asd is gifted (i. e. , a genius) Parents generally report normal development followed by a period of regression usually between 18-36 months. No big smiles or warm expressions by 6 months.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers