FHCE 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 46: Disposable And Discretionary Income

31 views2 pages

Document Summary

Amount of income from your paychecks put into savings. Americans are currently saving about 5. 7% of their incomes. Personal savings rate - the net amount of money an individual has saved as a percentage of disposable personal income. Increase up to 44 by age group on how much people are saving. Then decrease: send kids to school, housing, etc. Then bigger decline, retiring, using savings to live off of now. People maybe save a little more during a recession and after but not conclusive. Your take-home for the month, including money you diverted to retirement accounts. Your e(cid:373)ployer"s co(cid:374)tribution to your retirement accounts. Government benefits such as social security or unemployment insurance. The(cid:374) add up the (cid:373)o(cid:374)ey you did(cid:374)"t spe(cid:374)d. i(cid:374)clude: Cash on hand, such as money in your checking account. I(cid:374)co(cid:373)e you"ve put i(cid:374)to retire(cid:373)e(cid:374)t accou(cid:374)ts, such as a(cid:374) ira or your e(cid:373)ployer"s 4(cid:1004)(cid:1005)(cid:894)k(cid:895) pla(cid:374)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers