PSY 262 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Acute Stress Reaction, Adjustment Disorder, Stressor

34 views2 pages

Document Summary

Trauma and stressor related disorders: stress definitions, stressor a. i. External events or situations that place physical or psychological demands on a person: stress b. i. Internal psychological or physiological response to a stressor. Stressor no longer than 3 months after exposure. Stressor 3 days to 1 month after exposure. Stressor 1 month or more after exposure. Sx"s of each: intrusion, avoidance, negative thoughts/emotions and heightened arousal. ***if it lasts longer than 3 months and it has nothing to do with injury. Death or sexual violence, it could be a phobia: adjustment disorder, difficulty coping with or adjusting to a specific life stressor, dsm-5 diagnostic criteria b. i. b. ii. b. iii. Exposure to an identifiable stressor that results in onset of symptoms. Symptoms are out of proportion to the severity of the stressor. Initial distress with symptoms reduction over time a. iii. Diagnosis of acute and post traumatic stress disorder a. requirements for diagnosis a. i. a. ii. a. iii. a. iv. a. v.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers