PSY 262 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Psychiatric And Mental Health Nursing, Substance Abuse, Human Behavior

32 views2 pages

Document Summary

Psychopathology, scientific study of symptoms and causes of mental disorders. Psychopathology notes: objective, describing, explaining, predicting and modifying behaviors associated with mental disorders, occupational fields, clinical psychologist a. i. They deal with more serious cases of mental disorders than regular psychologists: counseling psychologist, mental health counselor; marriage/ family therapist, neuropsychiatrist, psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse, psychiatric social worker, school psychologist, substance abuse counselor, what do they do, psychodiagnosis a. i. Attempts to describe, assess, and understand the situation: treatment plan b. i. b. ii. Focuses first on the most distressing symptom: determined etiology (possible cause) c. i. High priority for mental health professionals: human behavior is complex d. i. Multiple contributing factors: psychotherapy, program of systematic intervention, objective: improve a person"s behavioral, emotional or cognitive state, many types of therapies and professional helpers, views of abnormality, diagnostic and statistical manuel od mental disorders:5th edition (dsm-5) a. i. Most widely used classification system in the us: aspects of judging psychopathology b. i. b. ii. b. iii. b. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers