Psychology
Course
PSYC 100
Professor
E Kim
Semester
Fall

Description
16. Treatment 2016년 11월 17일 목요일 오후 1:52 Treatment - Recipient ○ In yearly average 20% of Americans receive therapy, 4% currently in therapy ○ Women > Men ○ Caucasians > Other races - Provider ○ Psychiatrists: Medical doctors; can prescribe drugs; focus on chemical imbalance ○ (Clinical) Psychologists:Typically PhD+; typically to drugs; focus on altering psychological processes 1. Psychotherapy: Treating a disorder through talking and other psychological means a. PsychodynamicsTherapy (Psychoanalysis) i. Classic 1) Free association: Say whatever that comes to mind 2) Interpretation: Unconscious basis 3) Dream analysis: Manifest vs. Latent 4) Resistance: Avoid confrontation 5) Transference: Project onto therapist 6) Working through: Work through problems i. Contemporary 1) Interpersonal therapy a) Strengthen social skills, cope with interpersonal problems, conflicts, and life transitions b) Focus: Interpersonal relationships c) Originally: Treat depression, eating disorder, substance abuse a. Humanistic i. Person Centered 1) Client's goal and ways of solving problems 2) Therapists: Authentic, provide true reactions; unconditional positive regard; empathy ii. Gestalt Therapy
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit