PS 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Incrementalism, Marble Cake, Theories Of Political Behavior

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Veto, anticipated veto, or unilateral executive action are ways of changing policy. Bureaucracy grows very slowly because of american distrust of government. The spoils system-you scratch my back, i grant you a position in the government. Helps reduce the spoils system in the long run. Judicial review decides whether a law or ruling is constitutional or not. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Original intent gives former slaves citizenship because they are born in the united. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the. U(cid:374)ited tates (cid:374)or shall a(cid:374)y tate depri(cid:448)e a(cid:374)y perso(cid:374) of life, li(cid:271)erty, or property, (cid:449)ithout due pro(cid:272)ess of la(cid:449). Well (cid:374)o, some things are so important the you cannot strip them of their liberties. Civil rights are what my government must do for me (jury duty, voting, etc. ).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers