BIOLCHEM 415 Lecture 26: Lecture26_LipidsSteroids_Mar18_Saper_DRAFT

23 views44 pages

Document Summary

Office hours: only one scheduled is mar 31, 3:00 4:00 pm, before midterm 3, available other times, just email me, note: i will be unreachable from. The exam is scheduled for wednesday, april 27. Please study early and ask me questions before then! The attachment of the alcohol to the glycerol unit requires activation of either partner: activation of phosphatidate with ctp. The activated diacylglycerol then reacts with the hydroxyl group of an alcohol. helps drive the reaction alcohol. See lecture 25 for the synthesis of phosphatidate. Synthesis of phospholipids from activated cdp- diacylglycerol + alcohol activating their alcohols can be another way of making phospholipids. 7: synthesis of phospholipids via an activated alcohol. The phosphoryl-alcohol then reacts with ctp to form the activated cdp-alcohol. The activated alcohol reacts with diacylglycerol (not phosphatidate !) to form the phospholipid. 8: synthesis of phospholipids via an activated alcohol (continued) Pathway 2: transfers one methyl group three times.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers