Mechanical Engineering
Course
MECHENG 235
Professor
Donald Siegel
Semester
Winter

Description
THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN Department of Mechanical Engineering ME 235 Thermodynamics I / Winter 2014 / Section 002 HW 9 Solutions Due date: Mar. 27 2014 6.25 Determine the missing property among P, T, s, and x for R-410A at: a. T = –20C, v = 0.1377 m /kg b. T = 20C, v = 0.01377 m /kg c. P = 200 kPa, s = 1.409 kJ/kgK Solution: 6.30 Two kg water at 120° C with a quality of 25% has its temperature raised 20°C in a constant volume process. What are the new quality and specific entropy? 6.44 A piston cylinder maintaining constant pressure contains 0.1 kg saturated liquid water at 100° C. It is now boiled to become saturated vapor in a reversible process. Find the work term and then the heat transfer from the energy equation. Find the heat transfer from the entropy equation, is it the same? Solution: 6.49 A piston/cylinder has 2 kg water at 1000 kPa, 200° C which is now cooled with a constant loading on the piston. This isobaric process ends when the water has reached a state of sa
More Less

Related notes for MECHENG 235

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit