PSYCH 112 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Margo Wilson, Social Change, Attachment Theory

38 views4 pages
11 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mirrors people put into state of objective self with the mirror, the punishers punished more and the non-punishers punished less. Erichson has series of stages as conflicts that shape us as people. What guides attachment: cupboard theory of attachment o. Infants express distress when mother leaves, pleasure when mother returns o. Infants explore more boldly in presence of caregiver: attachment increases around 6 months just as infant becomes mobile. Beginning of social exchange enjoyment around one year. Accomplishment/industry vs. inferiority ( can i bring a task to completion? ) Identity vs. role confusion ( how will i distinguish myself from others? ) Period from early twenty"s to setting into adult role is sometimes called youth. Terri moffitt: a way into the adult world. Judith harris: a way of separating oneself from the adult world. Margo wilson and martin daly: a reproductive strategy. Intimacy vs. isolation ( can i share myself with someone else? )

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers