PSYCH 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Sexual Reproduction, Allele

13 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Individuals who avoided bitter foods because they were disgusted by the taste lived to pass on their genes. Brain mind behavior consequences evolutionary selection genes brain: you can start anywhere in the cycle. Dar(cid:449)in"s principles of e(cid:448)olution: organisms produce more progeny than can survive, sexual reproduction = genotype variation (alleles, genotype variation phenotype variation (traits, traits are inheritable, environment selects for particular traits, different traits cause differential reproduction. Types of selection: directional selection, moves the entire range of the population either higher or lower; shifts means i. e. ) It is convergent evolution when there is a homoplastic trait, which is a trait shared due to convergent evolution i. e. ) trap jaws. Chromosomes are the structure of nucleic acids and proteins that contains genes, i. e. a strand of dna molecules. Nucleotides are the building blocks of dna or rna; they determine which proteins will be manufactured by the cell.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers