PSYCH 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Kindergarten, Equal Footing, School Bullying

18 views5 pages
28 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Attempt to master new skills that are valued by culture. Goal is industry = a willingness to work to achieve goals. Fostered by adult"s expectations and children"s drive toward mastery. Child realizes that hard work produces results. Emphasize traits and competencies (before there was more focus on physical traits, Combine experiences and behaviors into view of self. Starts out bold and global and gradually becomes more nuanced. From i am the best soccer player on my team to i am the 2nd best defender . Read signals from others and incorporate them into self-descriptions. Feedback from grades in school, coaches, peers, etc. All combine to form an overall self-image. Each area becomes more refined with age due to: Increasing cognitive abilities to organize and see complexity. An act intended to harm another person. Instrumental aggression: you engage in an aggressive act in order to achieve a goal. Reactive aggression: occurs out of anger or frustration.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers