Sociology
Course
SOC 100
Professor
All Professors
Semester
Fall

Description
Soc – Lecture 7 09/24/2013 Today Announcement: Paper assignment Introduction to Unit 3 Identity Inequality Paper – ctools – resources  Details:  6­7 pages 30% of final grade Due: Tuesday, November 26 Late policy: marked down ½ letter grade each day Methodological options: Ethnographic field observation – MORE INFO NEXT TUES Life­history interview Summary: Use the conceptual tools provided by the readings and lectures to conduct a sociological analysis of that  field site or of that particular life course. Minimum of 2 readings Tasks: Brainstorm research possibilities Select a site or interviewee Collect your data Think about how to connect to course material Decide whether what you collected will work (or re­do) Select the readings you will use Write a rough draft Give it space, re­read/re­think Revise your draft Give it space, re­read Revise draft Proofread and polish Course Outline Unit 1. Sociology as a way of thinking Unit 2. Individuals and society Unit 3. Identity and Inequality: Who   What and Who  Gets  What? Race and Ethnicity Social Class Gender and Sexuality Identity Who am I? What kind of person am I? Categories How do other people see me? Who are they? How do other people see them? Who is us?  Who is them? Identity categories: Race, class, ethnicity, gender, sexuality,  Me: ★Gir,  student, sister,daughtr, ★ kater,  lader,  aucasian,  feminist,  straight, baker,  sarcastic, ★funny, ★nice, ★friend, brunete, missinga tooth,  team iPhone,  cat owner, applying to  Ross  freshmn,  DPhiE, undecidd major,  plitica stance, religion,  body type,  nationality,  age grou,  intelligence, emotonal stability,  relatinship status, goals, morals,  financial status,   fitness evel,  employment, phobias, level of education, where you’re from, criminal record, talents Common S
More Less

Related notes for SOC 100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit