KIN 270 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Homeostasis, Hypothalamus, Organism

31 views2 pages

Document Summary

Lecture # 3: understanding the organism: maintain boundaries (skin, cell membranes, movement, responsiveness, digestion, metabolism, excretion, reproduction, growth h. i. Once growth potential is reached aging begins: be in balance- homeostasis. Integrated control system a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3: feedback loop. Effector- change in system to get to homeostasis b. i. Def: a system takes something from the environment (input) and transforms it and puts in back into the environment(output). b. ii. Negative f. l: end result is opposite to what stimulated the receptor. b. ii. 1. If the temperature in the house is 70 degrees, and someone changes the thermostat to 68 degrees, then the thermostat kicks on the ac to cool the house down two degrees b. iii. Positive f. l: end result is the same to what stimulated the receptor b. iii. 1. Protons = atomic number (+) and neutrons(neutral) make up the nucleus, Atomic #: # of protons (determines place on periodic table) a. iii. Atomic weight: avg. mass of all the isotopes of a given element a. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers